Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pacific Coast Ride: The Plan

In August, 2011 I signed on for a cycling trip down the Pacific Coast from Bellingham, WA to Ventura,CA, commencing next Tuesday. The planned ride covers 1,539 miles with 24 riding days at an average of 64 miles/day and four rest days.
As with my 2009 Southern Tier cross country, I am riding with WomanTours. I will be accompanied by three woman from the '09 ride, a woman from my Florida cycling club, three trip leaders, and 24 other riders who I will meet for the first time. The arrangements will be identical to the last ride with overnights at hotels or B & B's, breakfast and dinner cooked by the WomanTours chef, luggage transport,and support on the road from four SAG drivers. The main difference for me this trip is that I will not be a SAG driver. My goal is every mile every day but, as weather or health dictates, I may need to amend it.

1 comment:

    PMSC Member said...

Go Carol! We wish you all the best on your latest adventure!